Instagram Story Hacks
1. How to create a solid colour background for your story
This colour trick is useful when you want to share a canvas with a drawing or some text rather than a photo (gone are the days where you photographed your ceiling hehe)
- Tap the pen icon in the upper righthand corner of your screen and select the colour you desire
- Tap and hold on the screen for 1-3 seconds until the screen is filled with a solid colour
- The screen will now have a solid colour-fill if you use the marker or neon brush, or a translucent colour fill if you use the chisel-tip brush
2. How to Upload an Instagram story that is older than 24 hours
Everyone wants to make a good Instagram story, right? But how do you stay on top of all the work that goes into each story when you can’t prepare them in advance, or upload old photos or videos to your Instagram story? A great way around the 24-hour Instagram restriction is to use the Later app (it´s free). With this app, you can upload, store and manage all of your visual content!
- Start by downloading the free Later app
- Once you’re set-up, upload a photo or video to your media library from your desktop computer
- When you’re ready to post to Instagram Stories, simply open the Later app on your smartphone, navigate to the media library, and save the photo or video to your Camera Roll by tapping the ellipsis button in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and selecting “Save to Camera Roll”
- When you download a photo or video from your media library to your phone, it saves it as the current time and date
- Finally, open the Instagram app, swipe right from your feed to open the camera, and then swipe down to select your recently saved media item from the image picker. It’s as simple as that!
3. Creative fonts for your story
Have you wondered how people get cool fonts in their Instagram stories? Or what they use to change the text and make it look all graphic like they might have used Photoshop? Well, they were probably using Typorama!
With Typrorama you can make visual elements in just a few seconds. This app is around $5.99 but it’s incredible! You can use your own images, available background sounds, awesome text options. It´s just the easiest way to create well-designed graphics, beautiful and bold.
I use this app mainly for Instagram stories but it could serve your social media in so many different ways. Give it a try.